Please note, we will not accept phone calls for helpdesk queries.
Please do not user your own name as a username, this will protect your privacy.
If a profile looks too good to be true, check the wording here http://www.scammerz.org , this will protect you from scams.
Make sure you add us to your "safe senders list" in your email program otherwise you may not receive our emails.
How do I join?
Simply select the "join now" button on the home page, fill in as many details as you like (*fields marked so are required), agree to our terms and conditions, select join now and you will soon receive a confirmation email in your inbox, click the link and you are free to browse. Make sure you add gaybar.us.com to your safe senders list in your email client. Once your profile / photos are approved you can contact other members.
How much does it cost?
Gaybar.us.com is currently FREE with promo code
How do I use Gaybar.us.com
To communicate with other members on gaybar.us.com, you need to be registered and have an active profile. There are 3 ways you can communicate with another member – flirts, emails and instant messaging. Flirts are free and used to see if there is any connection between yourself and other members. If you choose to contact another member, you will need to have paid and active membership.
Flirt: is a message you can send to another member to let them know that you're interested and would like to get to know them. Emails: you can send an email via our secure and safe internal email exchange. This is exactly the same as writing an email to a friend, where you can write what you want. Use our secure email system which gives you plenty of time to get to know other members via email before you exchange your personal email address or telephone number. If you receive an email from a member and don't wish to continue contact, please let them know you're not interested or add them to your Blocked List. IM (Instant Messaging):To chat with another member is free.
How do I use Gaybar US phone app?
What's the best way to write a profile?
What you say about yourself speaks volumes. First of all, don't panic! It's a profile, not a life story. And it is meant to reflect something about you, so unless you are a prize winning author, people won't be expecting a literary masterpiece. Keep it light and friendly, and avoid adding anything negative. Never include your last name, email address, home address, phone number, place of work or any other identifying information in your member profile.
Everyone wants to meet an honest person. It is extremely important that you portray yourself in an honest light from the very outset - starting with your profile. While discretion is recommended, lying is not, so be honest when you post your profile and photos. The 'real' people, the ones you want to meet, don't expect perfection. In fact, if someone seems too good to be true, they probably are. So be honest, be yourself and start off on the right foot. What might begin as an online flirtation could turn into the real thing unless you've built yourself an image you can't live up to.The more people know about you, the more comfortable they will feel in contacting you, or initiating conversation with you. So if you want to get a greater response to your profile, and begin meeting more people today then make sure you write a detailed profile.
How do I search?
There are many ways you can find people that match your interests - from name search to an advanced search which will narrow down your search results. You can search via the following methods using the search tab menu.
Name Search, Quick Search, Full Search, Matched Member Search, Location Based Search, Keyword Search
Can I cancel my membership?
You can cancel your membership at anytime by selecting "cancel membership" from the Quick Links Menu on the Home page. If you have any problems cancelling, please click here to email us and we will cancel your membership. You will not receive any refunds on payments.
How many photos can I upload?
You can upload up to 10 photos maximum.
If you have any problems uploading photographs, email us your photo and we will upload for you.
Your public photos are viewable by all members, you have the option to give members access to your private photos.
What about Security?
Some of our members and people that have not ever used gaybar.us.com occasionally receive emails falsely claiming to be from gaybar.us.com.
gaybar.us.com will never ask you to provide details, passwords or other confidential information through email.
gaybar.us.com correspondence in relation to your account will always use the gaybar.us.com brand and will come from email addresses ending in '@gaybar.us.com'. gaybar.us.com will never put email addresses of members into any correspondence, we want our members to communicate through the gaybar.us.com website, this will protect your security.
If you have received an email you think is suspicious, please notify our customer support team email@example.com.
When purchasing from gaybar.us.com, your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact our customer support firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Policy
If for any reason we are unable to dispatch your order, we will notify you within 5 business working days.
Guides to using Gaybar.us.com
Safety and Safely Meeting
1. Never include your last name, real email address, personal Web site URL, home address, phone number, place of work, or any other identifying information in your profile or initial emails you exchange with other members. Take all the time you need to become comfortable with someone before revealing any personal contact information. Ask questions and make sure you are satisfied with the answers. Trust your instincts, move cautiously and be selective.
2. Don't give out your surname, phone numbers or address details to anyone over the Internet, until you feel safe to do so. If you choose to share your personal email address with another member, it is strongly recommended you create a web based email address such as Yahoo or Hotmail, and ensure you do not include your full name in the sender's details. Also, avoid using work emails, as it's often easy to work out who is email@example.com.
3. The beauty of meeting and relating online is that you can gradually collect information and then make a choice about pursuing the relationship in the real world. You are never obligated to meet anyone, regardless of your level of online intimacy. And even if you do decide to arrange a meeting, you always have the right to change your mind. It's possible that your decision to keep the relationship at the anonymous level is based on a hunch that you can't logically explain. Trust yourself.
4. If you decide to meet face-to-face, be sure to pick a safe location, full of people, and familiar to you. Always arrange to meet in a busy public place - and arrive and leave on your own, using your own transport. Avoid hikes, bike rides or drives in remote areas for the first few dates. If you decide to move to another location, take your own car.
5. At least at the beginning, take someone along if you are concerned, meet your date and ask the friend to meet up with you again at a pre-arranged time. Work out a signal with your friend to indicate whether you would prefer that he or she stay with you. If you're not with a friend, tell someone where you are going, who with (include the person's name, phone number and address) and when you'll be back. Most importantly, stick to it.
6. Initially, don't go home with your date, invite them back to your home or accept a lift.
7. If you feel uneasy about someone, there may be a reason. Don't tell yourself you're being silly. Diffuse the situation and get out of there. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Never worry or feel embarrassed about your behaviour. Your safety is much more important than one person's opinion of you.
Please be courteous by answering all flirts and emails. You should always be upfront when replying to a flirt to help ensure that no member pays for membership when it is obvious that you are not interested. If you receive an email remember that someone has paid to contact you, if you are not interested respond in a polite fashion. If you are feeling harrassed in anyway by any member you can block that member. Once you have blocked the member, they will not be able to view your profile or contact you. If you have any problems you can report a member and we will look into the problem and possibly ban them from the site.